All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionPsychology and the Conduct of Everyday Life moves psychological theory and research practice out of the laboratory and into the everyday world. Drawing on recent developments across the social and human sciences, it examines how people live as active subjects within the contexts of their everyday lives, using this as an analytical basis for understanding the dilemmas and contradictions people face in contemporary society. Early chapters gather the latest empirical research to explore the significance of context as a cross-disciplinary critical tool; they include a study of homeless Maori men reaffirming their cultural identity via gardening, and a look at how the dilemmas faced by children in difficult situations can provide insights into social conflict at school. Later chapters examine the interplay between everyday life around the world and contemporary global phemena such as the rise of the debt ecomy, the hegemony of the labor market, and the increased reliance on digital techlogy in educational settings. The book concludes with a consideration of how social psychology can deepen our understanding of how we conduct our lives, and offer possibilities for collective work on the resolution of social conflict.
- Author BiographyErnst Schraube is Associate Professor of Social Psychology of Technology in Everyday Life in the Department of Psychology and Educational Studies at Roskilde University in Denmark. Charlotte Hojholt is Professor of Social Psychology of Everyday Life in the Department of Psychology and Educational Studies at Roskilde University in Denmark.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCharlotte Hojholt,Ernst Schraube
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.