All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative new textbook covers a range of clinical situations a nurse may encounter in their professional career, providing useful insights into challenging patient - and colleague - encounters. Written by a team of educators and clinicians with considerable expertise in their respective fields, the book focuses on the application of psychology in key areas of nursing (child, adult, older people, learning disabilities, mental health) providing practical approaches and techniques that nurses can use in their daily practice with patients. It includes several features to support teaching and learning: * Clearly defined learning outcomes for each chapter * Examples throughout to illustrate the application of psychology * Case studies following a student nurse through different placements and experiences during her nurse training * Structured activities and questions for discussion to encourage reflection on practice * Antated suggestions for further reading With nurses increasingly being held to public and professional account, the importance of understanding a clinical encounter, in particular the psychological aspects of it together with developing a skillset to respond to patients, has never been greater. This accessible and entertaining book will be indispensable reading for nurses at undergraduate and graduate level, particularly those on the pre-registration nursing diploma and Bsc (Hons) in Nursing.
- Author BiographyAlison Torn is a Senior Lecturer in psychology at Leeds Trinity University. Pete Greasley is a Teaching Fellow in the Division of Health Research at Lancaster University.
- Author(s)Alison Torn,Pete Greasley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight542 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.