All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychology for the Classroom: Constructivism and Social Learning provides a lively introduction to the much debated topics of talk and group collaboration in classrooms, and the development of interactive approaches to teaching. The authors provide a background to research in constructivist and social learning theory, offering a broad and practical analysis which focuses on contemporary issues and strategies, including the use of e-learning and multimedia. Throughout the book theory is linked with its practical implications for everyday teaching and learning and chapters incorporate: * the history of constructivist and social learning theory and key thinkers * pedagogical implications * practical strategies for the classroom * constructivist theory and e-learning. Case studies and vignettes demonstrating best practice are used throughout the text, illustrating how monitored collaboration between learners can result in an effective learning environment where targets are met. Essential reading for practising teachers and students, this book is a valuable guide for those looking to provide effective teaching and learning within a constructivist framework.
- Author BiographyAlan Pritchard is Associate Professor of Education at the University of Warwick. He worked in primary schools for many years and has published widely on a range of educational topics. John Woollard is Lecturer in Information Technology Education in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. He has previously taught in both primary and secondary schools. He now researches teaching and learning with computers.
- Author(s)Alan Pritchard,John Woollard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePsychology for the Classroom
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.