All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTo what extent is memory based on mood? Why do we compare ourselves to others? Are there different types of intelligence? How do we change with age? This book answers all these questions and many more in 200 short and accessible essays. From Pavlov's dogs to experimental ethics and from the development of personality to cognitive behavioural therapy, this book will take you from the foundations of psychological thought to modern-day applications, drawing on recent research and established theories. Each essay is accompanied by an illustration or diagram to help unravel complex ideas. The principles of psychology apply to each and every one of us as they shed light on everything from our childhood development to our interaction with others - and Psychology in Minutes is the perfect insight to this fascinating subject. Contents include: Behaviourism, Experimental ethics, Problem solving, Illusions and paradoxes, Dream analysis, Management and leadership, Compliance and conformity, Attitudes and prejudices, Attraction, Moral development, Gender development, The big five personality traits, Classification of mental disorders, Criticisms of psychoanalysis, Positive psychology, Advertising and the media and The working environment.
- Author BiographyMarcus Weeks is the author of the hugely successful Philosophy in Minutes, Psychology in Minutes and Politics in Minutes. He has written numerous other books and contributed to prestigious reference works such as The Philosophy Book, the Millennium Encyclopedia and the Definitive Visual Guide series.
- Author(s)Marcus Weeks
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleIn Minutes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note200 b&w illustrations and diagrams
- Weight360 g
- Width126 mm
- Height136 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.