All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcise and accessible overview of key concepts of the psychology of aging by a rewned scholar and practitioner on the topic, for use in the classroom as a supplement to developmental and clinical psychology courses, and a valuable resource for interdisciplinary studies with a focus on gerontology. Aging 101 dispels common myths about the older and aging population and provides a wealth of evidence-based information that introduces aging theory, many common problem areas that impinge on older adults, as well as treatment approaches. This reader-friendly, compact book explores how psychologists understand and treat Alzheimer's disease and dementia patients, and their caregivers; older adult sexuality including the unique sexual problems confronting gay male, lesbian, bisexual and transgender older adults; older adult abuse; substance abuse; and issues surrounding death and dying, among other compelling topics.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert Youdin was an adjunct associate professor at the Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service in New York City, USA. In 2007-2008, he was a Project Director for a Gero Innovations Grant for the Master's Advanced Curriculum Project funded by the John A. Hartford Foundation and Council on Social Work Education. In 2005-2007 Dr. Youdin was a participant in the Curriculum Development Institute (Gero-Ed) sponsored by John A. Hartford Foundation and Council on Social Work Education. He is a past assistant research scientist of the Biometrics Unit of the New York State Psychiatric Institute in New York City. In 1977 he was elected as member of Sigma Xi - the Scientific Research Society of North America Dr. Youdin has been a private practitioner for the past 28 years and currently practices in Princeton, New Jersey. He has an existential humanistic orientation and is trained in Eriksonian hypnosis. Dr. Youdin is coauthor (with Tina Maschi) of Social Worker as Researcher: Integrating Research with Advocacy (2012). In addition, he has appeared on numerous public service radio programs discussing substance abuse problems.
- Author(s)Robert Youdin
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.