Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe team that produced the first edition of this comprehensive handbook-reviewed as the definitive reference and an extraordinary tool for research on women's psychology-updates and expands the content to include the newest and breaking research in this young field. With more than 50 percent of the content new compared to the 1993 edition, this will be of wide interest to students and scholars of women's psychology. Written by more than a dozen of the most eminent psychologists in this field, the chapters include historical developments in the study of the psychology of women, insights into women's psychology at stages from conception to senior years, gender stereotypes, and women's friendships, as well as romantic relationships. Chapters also address women's health issues from premenstrual syndrome to rape, intimate partner violence and sexual harassment. Women's work life-from achievement to career development and the integration of work and family roles-is also included.
- Author BiographyFlorence L. Denmark is Robert Pace Distinguished Research Professor and Adjunct Professor at the Graduate School in the City University of New York. She is a Fellow of 13 divisions of the American Psychological Association. Her honors include the APA Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in the Public Interest and the APA Gold Medal Award for Lifetime Achievement for Psychology in the Public Interest. She is also Chair of the Committee on Aging for the United Nations. Denmark has been interviewed and featured widely in media including The Today Show, The McNeil/Lehrer Report, The New York Times, Omni, Psychology Today, Ladies Home Journal, Self, Vogue and Glamour. Michele A. Paludi is president of Human Resources Management Solutions and participating faculty at Union Graduate College, Schenectady, NY. Paludi is series editor for Praeger's Women's Psychology and Women and Careers in Management and has authored or edited 38 texts on workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, psychology of women, workplace violence, and campus violence. Her book Ivory Power: Sexual Harassment on Campus received the 1992 Myers Center Award for Outstanding Titles in Human Rights. She was recently named Woman of the Year by the Schenectady Business & Professional Women's club and is currently the Elihu Root Peace Fund Professor in Women's Studies at Hamilton College, Clinton, NY.
- Date of Publication30/11/2007
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1298 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byFlorence L. Denmark,Michele A. Paludi
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.