All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom newspapers to social networking sites, the mass media play a huge role in shaping the way we see ourselves and others. In this engaging introduction, Giles explores our relationship with the media, looking at the effects of advertising, celebrity worship and media influence on violent behaviour. Whatever your level of study, this introduction will help you to evaluate the full reach of the media in our lives.
- Author BiographyDAVID GILES is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Winchester, UK. He is author of the textbook Media Psychology (2003) and his research work has generated a great deal of interest in the media, being featured in The Guardian, The Sunday Times and on BBC Radio 4.
- Author(s)David Giles
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePalgrave Insights in Psychology Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight306 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.