All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times bestseller Confessions of an Ecomic Hit Man documents John Perkins' extraordinary career as a globe-trotting ecomic hit man. Perkins' insider's view leads him to crisis of conscience--to the realization that he must devote himself to work which will foster a world-wide awareness of the sanctity of indigeus peoples, their cultures, and their environments. Perkins' books demonstrate how the age-old shamanic techniques of some of the world's most primitive peoples have sparked a revolution in modern concepts about healing, the subconscious, and the powers each of us has to alter individual and communal reality. This groundbreaking book is John Perkins's firsthand account of his experiences with the shamanic technique of psychonavigation--a method of traveling outside the body by means of visions and dream wanderings--and his encounters with the Shuar of the Amazon, the Quechua of the Andes, and the Bugis of Indonesia. Shuar shamans psychonavigate for the purposes of hunting and healing, while the Bugis, among the most rewned sailors of the world, use these techniques to navigate without the aid of charts and compasses. Perkins explains how these techniques work and how the people of these indigeus cultures psychonavigate to both distant physical destinations and sources of inner wisdom. Throughout history, psychonavigation has been practiced by highly creative minds such as Beethoven, Jung, and Einstein. Perkins's riveting narrative takes us on a journey of personal discovery as he learns the great value of these techniques and their relevance t only to individual well-being, but to the health of the environment and of the world at large. He reveals how by attuning to the positive forces in nature and communicating with our inner guides we all can become psychonavigators, finding our way to wise decisions and developing invative approaches to the challenges we face as individuals and a world community.
- Author BiographyJohn Perkins is the author of the bestselling <i>Confessions of an Economic Hit Man</i>. <i>Psychonavigation</i> and his other books follow his life and adventures after <i>Hit Man</i>. John has used the knowledge he gained from master shamans around the world in his successful career as a management consultant, president of a U.S. energy company, and as founder of the Dream Change Coalition, an organization that inspires executives to clean up pollution, reshape corporate goals, and form Earth-honoring partnerships with indigenous cultures. He is also the author of <i>The Stress-Free Habit, Shapeshifting</i>, and <i>The World Is As You Dream It</i>.
- Author(s)John Perkins
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.