All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of psychopharmacology is often confusing and, well, more than a little intimidating. These medications have been kwn to save peoples' lives. And these medications have been kwn to have a deleterious impact on peoples' lives. The same can be said for psychotherapy. Indeed, this caring profession can be a life-saver. And... Overall, this goal of this book is t to overwhelm the reader- whether that reader is a health professional or a layman. The focus is to make this topic- psychopharmacology- understandable. Having said that, the author refuses to dumb the topic down. However, instead of using confounding, overwhelming, and, in many cases, unnecessary scientific talk this book is offered as an easy read, with difficult theoretical concepts made understandable with the use of metaphor and comparisons to everyday life experiences. Does this focus make this book less than scientific? Well, yes, to a degree. But science does t have to be hard- and the better science is understood, the better the ability of those who use these scientific theories (clinical practitioners, patients, family members, students, etc.) to help others will be realized. And that is the goal of this book. Make the topic understandable, and, in some instances, fun!
- Author BiographyThomas A. Smith is one of a handful of pharmacists in the United States who also holds an advanced degree in psychology. Practicing in both professions, as well as being a professional speaker on topics such as psychopharmacology, bipolar disorder, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition, dissociation, complementary and alternative therapies, autism, rehabilitation, disability rights, special education, working with the families of servicemen and servicewomen, and Parkinson's disease, has given Tom the opportunity to reach many professionals and the people who those professionals serve. Tom has presented seminars in every State in the United States. He has held adjunct associate Professor appointments at the Saint Louis University School of Graduate Nursing (where he has taught advanced psychopharmacology to graduate nursing students) and the Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Indianapolis (where he has lectured to the Doctoral pharmacy students on complementary and alternative therapies). He has been a member of the Faculty at the University of Phoenix in Indianapolis, teaching a ground course in Introductory Psychology ( I want to get to the students before anyone else does! ) and has lectured at the University of Indianapolis School of Nursing (blood pressure medications) and the Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis School of Graduate Rehabilitation Psychology (the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.) Tom's work has been published in national journals, and his books on Aromatherapy and Psychopharmacology are now internationally published. Tom lives and works in Morgan County, Indiana with his bride of more than 40 years, Barbara.
- Author(s)Dr Thomas Andrew Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date18/05/2017
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.