All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionGeneral Books publication date: 2009 Original publication date: 1950 Original Publisher: Philosophical Library Subjects: Dentistry Medicine, Psychosomatic Therapeutics, Suggestive Medical / Dentistry / General Psychology / Hyptism Medical / Allied Health Services / Hyptherapy Medical / Dentistry / General Psychology / Psychopathology / General Psychology / Hyptism Notes: This is a black and white OCR reprint of the original. It has illustrations and there may be typos or missing text. When you buy the General Books edition of this book you get free trial access to Million-Books.com where you can select from more than a million books for free. Excerpt: 1. Psychological Management of Patients Xsychotherapy can be defined in part As an effort to understand the personality structure of the patients, the mental mechanisms which are at work, and the specific relationships of psychological situations in the precipitation of the illness. 1 The role of the psyche and emotional factors in the management of dental practice are important. As in medicine, the dentist finds that management of the local condition per se without regard to the individual who is the sufferer of an abrmality is very much like going out into the rain with a cane instead of an umbrella. By this I mean one must t separate the dental problem from the patient, e. g. the handling of a dental problem cant be successfully accomplished without the consideration and analysis of the personality, the environmental background, and other factors with which the patient has to contend. ' There are many individuals who are in constant dread of cancer. Some fear it because of hearsay, others fear it because some member of the family had cancer. These people are living in a constant dread of the disease. They always inquire of the physician or dentist about the slightest growth, lump or mass in their mouths. This is a subconscious disguise to mask their curiosity about cancer. When the...
- Author(s)Jacob Stolzenberg
- PublisherLiterary Licensing, LLC
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiterary Licensing, LLC
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.