Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionCan biological and psychological interventions be integrated in the treatment of psychosis? Throughout the world, access to psychotherapeutic and psychosocial treatments for the psychoses varies significantly, with many people diagsed with psychotic disorders receiving only medication as treatment. Psychotherapies for the Psychoses considers ways that this gap can be bridged through theoretical, cultural and clinical integration. The theme of integration offers possibilities for trainees and experienced mental health professionals from diverse orientations and cultural perspectives to strengthen alliances for tackling the gap in availability of treatments. In this volume contributors discuss: * Theoretical integration across the psychological therapies for psychoses * Global perspectives on psychosocial approaches for psychoses * Integrating psychotherapeutic thinking and practice into 'real world' settings. Psychotherapies for the Psychoses explores different approaches from a variety of theoretical perspectives, providing significant encouragement for mental health practitioners to broaden the range of humane psychotherapeutic possibilities for people suffering from the effects of psychosis.
- Author BiographyJohn F. M. Gleeson is a Clinical Psychologist and Associate Professor across the University of Melbourne and NorthWestern Mental Health. Eoin Killackey is a Clinical Psychologist and Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne and ORYGEN Research Centre. Helen Krstev is a Psychologist with PACE at ORYGEN Youth Health, and works in private practice in Melbourne.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEoin Killackey,Helen Krstev,John F. M. Gleeson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.