Psychotherapy and Counselling for Depression by Prof Paul Gilbert (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.64Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I would thoroughly recommend this book to any other counsellor of psychotherapist. It is described on the back cover as 'outstanding', 'valuable' and an 'essential resource' and I would fully endorse all of these descriptions. I have been qualified for 10 years and have had extensive client experience, but feel I have gained so much from Gilbert's wisdom on this topic. It is excellent value for money and again I would recommend it to any practitioner' - The Independent Practitioner 'This book takes the reader gently but thoroughly through the biopsychosocial processes that underpin depression. Excellent worksheets and information sheets are provided as appendices. [It] is a valuable resource for those who already work with depression and essential reading for those considering working in this field' - Therapy Today 'Paul Gilbert provides the reader with a refreshingly wide-ranging, integrative and up-to-date understanding of the nature, assessment and treatment of depression. All psychological therapists will benefit from reading his important book' - Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal 'Paul Gilbert writes in a scholarly, yet accessible, style on the bio-psychosocial perspectives of depression. I agree with him that kwledge of such areas is crucial to being able to work effectively with people experiencing depression' - Nursing Standard, 5 star review 'Psychotherapy and Counselling for Depression, Third Edition by the distinguished psychologist, Paul Gilbert, is an outstanding contribution to the field. I read this book with great enthusiasm and interest - and, I must ackwledge - admiration. All clinicians will benefit from reading this valuable book' - Robert L. Leahy, President, International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy Paul Gilbert's Psychotherapy and Counselling for Depression, Third Edition is a popular and practical guide to working with people suffering from depression. The book is based on a wealth of research into evolutionary, cognitive, behavioural and emotion-focused approaches to depression. It outlines how to work with general negativity, sense of failure and abandonment, and feelings of powerlessness, anger, shame and guilt The book examines the essential stages of the therapeutic process from conceptualization and formulation through to a wide variety of interventions for different types of difficulty. It has been greatly revised, expanded and updated for the Third Edition and: o explores in depth the biopsychosocial processes underpinning depression o shows how a compassionate mind approach can be incorporated into different types of therapy o includes a new chapter focusing on the role of the therapeutic relationship, including therapeutic dialogues o features detailed guidance with case examples on how to work with a wide variety of depressions. Psychotherapy and Counselling for Depression, Third Edition is an essential resource and comprehensive guide for practitioners and anyone involved with treating depression. Paul Gilbert is Professor of Psychology in the Mental Health Research Unit at Kingsway Hospital, Derby.
- Author BiographyPaul Gilbert is Professor of Psychology in the Mental Health Research Unit at Kingsway Hospital, Derby.
- Author(s)Prof Paul Gilbert
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTherapy in Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight721 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.