All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores cross-cultural relationships and the psychological journey of migration, drawing from the author's extensive experience in this field. Many complex theoretical and clinical questions are raised and creative ways to integrate cross-cultural issues into clinical work are demonstrated. It is a delicate process to address the conscious and unconscious inner world and understand it within its appropriate socio-cultural context, and this is illustrated throughout the text with rich case material from clinical and n-clinical populations. The basic premise of the book is that if we take on board the cross-cultural dimension, the more the client's material 'flows' and clinical work reaches a much deeper level, appropriately serving the needs of our culturally diverse client groups. This text is a valuable practical resource for counsellors and psychotherapists who wish to find ways to incorporate the role of racial and cultural issues in their clinical work.
- Author BiographyZack Eleftheriadou holds an MSc in Child Development, MA in the Psychology of Therapy and Counselling, Diploma in Eating Disorders (NCfED), Diploma in Infant Mental Health, is a HPC Registered Psychologist (BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist and a Chartered Scientist and a member of the BPS 'Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors'), as well as an integrative psychotherapist, a psychoanalytic psychotherapist (UKCP registered), Professional Member of BACP, Regent's College School of Psychotherapy and Counselling, and Nafsiyat: the Intercultural Therapy Centre (London). She has lectured since 1990 and has written extensively in the area of cross-cultural work/refugees. She has a private practice in North London, working clinically with children, families and adults, and supervising students.
- Author(s)Zack Eleftheriadou
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight386 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.