All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionPublic administration ensures the development and delivery of the essential public services required for sustaining modern civilization. Covering areas from public safety and social welfare to transportation and education, the services provided through the public sector are inextricably part of our daily lives. However, mandatory budgetary cuts in recent years have caused public administrators to radically re-think how they govern in the modern age. In this Very Short Introduction Stella Theodoulou and Ravi Roy offer practical insight into the major challenges confronting the public sector in the globalized era. Tackling some of the most hotly debated issues of our time, including the privatization of public services and government surveillance, they take the reader on a global journey through history to examine the origins, development, and continued evolution of public administration. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Author BiographyStella Z. Theodoulou is the Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at California State University, Northridge. She is the former chair of the Political Science Department at CSUN. Dr. Theodoulou is the author of numerous articles and eight books, including Policy and Politics in Six Nations: A Comparative Perspective on Policy Making (Prentice Hall, 2001). Ravi K. Roy is the Director of the Public Administration program at Southern Utah University. Prior to this, he served as both the Director of the Post-Graduate Program in International Development at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia as well as the Director of MPA program at California State University, Northridge. Along with Manfred Steger he is the co-author of Neoliberalism: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2010).
- Author(s)Ravi K. Roy,Stella Z. Theodoulou
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 black and white images
- Weight116 g
- Width119 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.