Public Administration: An Introduction by Richard W. Schwester, Marc Holzer (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $132.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $123.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionMarc Holzer and Richard W. Schwester have written a fresh and highly engaging textbook for the introductory course in Public Administration. Their coverage is both comprehensive and cutting-edge, including t only all the basic topics (OT, budgeting, HRM), but also reflecting new realities in public administration: invations in e-government, the importance of new techlogy, changes in intergovernmental relations, especially the emphasis on inter-local and shared regional resources, and public performance and accountability initiatives. Public Administration has been crafted with student appeal in mind. Each of the book's chapters is generously illustrated with cartoons, quotes, and artwork-all reinforcing the book's theme that the field of public administration is rooted in the cultural and political world. Each chapter is also supported with a listing of key terms, exercises, and additional resources. The textbook is supported by one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use instructors' manuals of any introductory text on the market today. It contains full lesson plans with activities to accommodate a broad range of teaching and learning styles for each chapter, PowerPoint decks for each chapter (with visuals and links embedded), 8 new long-term project / student presentation ideas, an updated 'Quotes and Notables' section with biographical information and media links for each chatper, updated test questions with answer keys, and updated terms and definitions for each chapter.
- Author BiographyMarc Holzer (PhD, University of Michigan) is Founding Dean of the School of Public Affairs and Administration and Board of Governors Distinguished Professor of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University-Newark. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration and of the World Academy of Productivity Science.Dr. Holzer has directed the National Center for Public Performance, and he is the founder and editor-in-chief of the journals Public Performance and Management Review and Public Voices as well as the co-founder/co-editor of Chinese Public Administration Review. Richard W. Schwester (PhD, Rutgers University) is Associate Professor of Public Management at John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY). His research centers on the use of technology in government, inter-local shared services, and police and emergency service delivery models. Professor Schwester is editor of the Handbook of Critical Incident Analysis (Routledge, 2012) and co-author of Public Administration in a Globalized World (2014).
- Author(s)Marc Holzer,Richard W. Schwester
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationArmonk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM.E. Sharpe
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 72 colour illustrations, 18 colour tables, 40 black & white halftones, 72 colour line drawings
- Weight1111 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.