All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn South Korea the increase of population and the ecomic growth together with a shortage of arable land has led to land speculation. The government has tried to encounter this speculation with legislative acts introducing ceilings on land ownership, imposing taxes on excessive land holding and controlling real-estate transactions. These public policy measures are understood in Korea as the Public Concept of Land Ownership. The Korean reports collected in this book explain in detail this concept and measure it by its ecomic efficiency as well as by its constitutionality. A part of the German reports describes how the same legal questions are dealt with under German law. Other reports examine the history of land ownership and the reprivatisation of land in East Germany after 1990.
- Author BiographyThe Contributors: M.C. Huang, Bernd von Hoffmann, Bu-See Jang, Myong-Chang Hwang, Hans Wieling, Seokin Huang, Sang Yong Kim, Gerhard Robbers, Sang-Tae Lee, Astrid Stadler, Jae-Young Son, Rudolf Wendt, Tae-Il Lee, Burkhard Hess. The Editors: Myong-Chan Hwang was born in 1937. Studies in law and social sciences at Seoul National University and Syracuse University (USA). Since 1967 Professor at the Kon-Kuk University, Seoul (Department of Public Administration). 1984-1988 President, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements. 1989 President, Pacific Area Regional Science Conference Organization. 1995-1996 President, Korea Environmental Policy and Administration Society. Bernd von Hoffmann was born in 1941. Law studies in Heidelberg, Aix-en-Provence and Munich. 1971-1979 Research Associate Max-Planck-Institute Hamburg. Since 1979 Professor of Civil, Private International and Comparative Law, Trier University. 1993-1997 Vice-Chairman, German Society of International Law.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleComparative & International Law Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 43
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetab., 1 graph.
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byBernd von Hoffmann,Myong-Chang Hwang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.