All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing...Public Finance, 10th Global Edition, by Harvey S. Rosen and Ted Gayer Rosen and Gayer's Public Finance provides the ecomic tools necessary to analyze government expenditure and tax policies and, along the way, takes students to the frontiers of current research and policy. While the information presented is cutting edge and reflects the work of ecomists currently active in the field, the approach makes the text accessible to undergraduates whose only prior exposure to ecomics is at the introductory level. The authors' years of policy experience have convinced them that modern public finance provides a practical and invaluable framework for thinking about policy issues. The goal is simple: to emphasize the links between sound ecomics and the analysis of real-world policy problems. Enhancements and key features for this new Global Edition include: New Policy Perspectives introduce relevant and engaging examples of international policy so students can extend their understanding of theory to policymaking across the globe; New Empirical Evidence applications provide students with real-world examples that are relevant to them, from case studies about Sweden and China to global examples that compare experiences between countries; and updated end-of-chapter questions broaden critical thinking, encouraging students to apply their kwledge to international and comparative examples. The results of ecometric models are used to help students understand how expenditure and tax policies affect individual behavior and how governments set policies. Integrated theory and analysis: Institutional, theoretical, and empirical material is interwoven to provide students with a clear and coherent view of how government spending and taxation relate to ecomic theory. Current research is presented alongside discussion of methodological and substantive controversies. The approach is modern, theoretical, and empirical, and shared by most active ecomists. Institutional and legal settings are described in detail, and the links between ecomic analysis and current political issues are emphasized. This Global Edition has been adapted to meet the needs of courses outside of the United States and does t align with the instructor and student resources available with the US edition.
- Author BiographyHarvey S. Rosen is the John L. Weinberg Professor of Economics and Business Policy at Princeton University, USA. Professor Rosen, a Fellow of the Econometric Society and a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, is well known for his contributions to the fields of Public Finance, Labor Economics, and Applied Microeconomics. Ted Gayer is an associate professor at Georgetown University's Public Policy Institute, USA. He is also an adjunct fellow at the Public Policy Institute of California and an adjunct scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. Abdulkadir Civan is an associate professor of economics at Gediz University, Turkey. His research concentrates on health economics and public economics.
- Author(s)Harvey S. Rosen,Ted Gayer
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUK Higher Education Business Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight2 g
- Width79 mm
- Height101 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementGlobal ed of 10th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.