All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe events of the last decade have challenged the contemporary neo-classical synthesis in all branches of ecomics, but particularly public finance. The most table feature of the 2nd edition of Public Finance in Theory and Practice is the infusion of behavioral ecomics throughout the text, with an end of chapter question inviting the student to apply a behavioral lens to some question or issue. There continues to be an emphasis on the importance of the institutional context, drawing on examples from many countries and emphasizing the role of lower level governments in a federal system. The first five chapters establish this context by reviewing the role of government in a market system, the description of government structure from an ecomic perspective, the basic data about revenue and expenditures, the elements of public choice, and the distributional role of government. The book has been substantially reorganized to put more emphasis on public expenditure. Expanded treatment of public goods includes common property resources and congestible or club goods. Expanded discussion of budgeting and cost-benefit analysis provides some practical application of the theory. Updated discussions of social security, public education and health care address these three major contemporary public finance issues. The traditional emphasis on revenue (taxes, fees and grants) has been retained but follows rather than precedes the discussion of expenditures.
- Author BiographyHolley H. Ulbrich is Alumni Professor Emerita of Economics at Clemson University and Senior Fellow of the Strom Thurmond Institute, USA. She is also the co-author on four of the six editions of Principles of Economics with Ryan C. Amacher.
- Author(s)Holley H. Ulbrich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 48 black & white line drawings
- Weight722 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.