All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides students with a comprehensive overview of Australian and international public health issues and contexts. It explores recent changes in the local public health field, as well as complex global public health issues, and engages with the political and cultural impacts these have on public health systems. The book aims to deepen students' understanding of the determinants of health, historical and theoretical perspectives of public health, and current health research. Through consideration of new perspectives, it introduces the latest public health discourses and explores issues of health promotion and health inequalities that inform much of the understanding of public health today. Drawing on more than 25 years' experience, Pranee Liamputtong leads a stellar author team to present this essential resource. Each chapter includes learning objectives, key words, tutorial exercises and further reading, as well as illustrative and informative case studies to aid students' understanding of key concepts.
- Author BiographyPranee Liamputtong is a medical anthropologist and Professor of Public Health at the School of Science and Health, Western Sydney University, Australia.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus. 1 map 4 tables
- Weight820 g
- Width190 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPranee Liamputtong
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.