All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis re-titled new edition of Public Health Practice and the School-age Population has been updated and expanded to include children of all ages. Following radical changes in public health provision, Public Health for Children, Second Edition examines the implications for children and young adults as well as for those who provide care, prevention, and health promotion services. It also explores the challenges created by these significant structural and functional changes. Written by experts in the field, each chapter takes a practical approach to support learning and teaching. The book examines the health and well-being of children by revisiting the full range of public health practice from analysis to action, including the work of epidemiology and community interventions that seek to improve health. The book does this by examining the three locations that children inhabit as they grow and develop into adulthood: home, school, and the community. This edition includes new chapters on various topics including policy changes, childhood poverty, pre-school children, health and social care services for school-age children, challenges in adolescent health and well-being, neurosciences, complex health needs, and long-term conditions. Demystifying the planning and delivery of public health services for children, the book provides authoritative insights into the needs of the children and how professionals can best attend to those needs. It includes case studies, key issues, and discussion points in each chapter to reinforce understanding.
- Author BiographyDiane DeBell, Emeritus Professor, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge UK
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDiane DeBell
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.