All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in the well-established tradition of the Clarendon Law Series, Public Law offers a stimulating re-interpretation of the central themes and problems of English constitutional law. It offers full consideration of the historical development of public law. This book is an introduction that will be especially appealing to the enquiring student who is looking to reflect critically on the assumptions underpinning the standard presentation of the subject. Written throughout in an engaging and accessible style, Public Law examines the issues of power and accountability that are central to constitutional and administrative law. Among the topics considered are the unwritten nature of the constitution, the changing relationship between the law and the politics of the constitution, the separation of powers, the enduring influence of the crown, the role and functions of Parliament, questions of responsible government, and the law of judicial review and human rights.
- Author BiographyAdam Tomkins is John Millar Professor of Public Law at the University of Glasgow. He was previously Lecturer (1991-1999) and Senior Lecturer (1999-2000) at the School of Law, King's College, London. A well-respected and highly published author, his works include The Constitution after Scott (OUP, 1998) and Sceptical Essays on Human Rights (OUP, 2001), co-edited with Tom Campbell and Keith Ewing.
- Author(s)Adam Tomkins
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2003
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleClarendon Law Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight322 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.