All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years there has been a transformation in the management of the public sector across many parts of the world. The rigid, bureaucratic form of public administration which dominated for most of the twentieth century has been replaced in the twenty-first century by a more flexible, market-based form of public management. As public management has developed away from New Public Management, it has moved even further away from the traditional model of administration. Public Management and Administration introduces and assesses the principles and theories underlying changes in the management of the public sector. Public management models are being adopted all over the world and the basis, nature and dimensions of these - as well as their theoretical underpinnings and differences - are considered in detail. The fourth edition of this highly successful text has been substantially revised and updated throughout and includes a new chapter on governance.
- Author BiographyOWEN E. HUGHES is Dean of Students at RMIT University, Australia. He was formerly Professor of Public Sector Management at Monash University, Australia.
- Author(s)Owen E. Hughes
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1994
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight682 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.