All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic Opinion is a comprehensive and multidisciplinary examination of public opinion in the United States. Drawing on scholarship in political science, psychology, sociology, and communications, the authors explore the nature of political and social attitudes in the United States and how these attitudes are shaped by various institutions, with an emphasis on mass media. The book also serves as a provocative starting point for the discussion of citizen moods, political participation, and voting behaviour. Feature boxes and illustrations throughout help students understand all aspects of the elusive phemen we call public opinion.The third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect how public opinion is studied today, and to incorporate current data and debates. The book w contains two revised and reframed theory chapters- Group Membership and Public Opinion and Public Opinion and Social Process - as well as new coverage of the influence of online and social media on public opinion, especially in issue opinions and campaigns.
- Author BiographyCarroll J. Glynn is professor and director of the School of Communication at The Ohio State University.Susan Herbst is President of the University of Connecticut.Mark Lindeman is a freelance public opinion and elections consultant and teaches in the QMSS program at Columbia University.Garrett J. O'Keefe is professor emeritus of journalism at Colorado State University.Robert Y. Shapiro is professor of political science at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Carroll J. Glynn,Garrett J. O'Keefe,Mark Lindeman,Robert Y. Shapiro,Susan Herbst
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $87.94
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.