All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe rapid ageing of societies in many industrialized countries threatens the stability of unfunded public pension systems. An immigration policy that accepts young workers would appear to be a simple solution to the challenge, by increasing the number of contributors to the pension system. Tim Krieger uses public choice analysis to investigate whether a majority of voters would pursue an active immigration policy in order to stabilize its unfunded public pension system. Public Pensions and Immigration is a thorough and rigorous treatment of pension policy and international labor migration based on public choice theory, including an extensive discussion of pension policy in Europe and the challenges arising from increased labor mobility between EU member states. Tim Krieger reveals that the voting outcome critically depends on such parameters as the type of pension system, migrant qualifications and the possibility of return migration. He argues that the EU institutional framework, with respect to pension policy, cant prevent harmful migration between EU member countries which is, in part, induced by differences in pension systems. This book will appeal to researchers and scholars in the fields of ecomics, public choice, political science, European integration and migration. Policymakers involved in pension policy, immigration policy and European integration policy will also find this an illuminating book.
- Author BiographyTim Krieger, Wilfried Guth Chair in Regulatory and Competition Policy, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Author(s)Tim Krieger
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.