All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis eighth book in the Prevention Practice Kit provides a broad overview of the types of policies governments establish to prevent mental disorders as well as the various ways in which these policies are created. The authors describe the process of analyzing public programs, laws, policies, and managerial invations in mental disorder prevention, and help readers examine both the rationale for these programs and policies and whether or t they really work.
- Author BiographyDr. Maureen Pirog received a B.A. and M.A. in Economics from Boston College in 1975 and a Ph.D. in Public Policy Analysis from the University of Pennsylvania in 1981. She currently serves as the Indiana University Rudy Professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs; an Affiliate Professor in the Daniel J. Evans School of Public Affairs at the University of Washington; a Senior Research Advisor at the University of Johannesburg and holds an Honorary Professorship at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. She is the founder and director of the IU Institute of Family and Social Responsibility which has conducted research on millions of dollars of grants and contracts on social programs from all levels of government and foundations. Professor Pirog has consulted with dozens of foundation and government agencies, nationally and internationally. She has published widely on social programs and trends in policy evaluation research. In addition to her commitment to timely and policy-relevant research, Dr. Pirog maintains a serious commitment to providing service to her profession and Indiana University. She is currently serving her second term as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, the top ranked journal in the field of public administration. She is the series editor of the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management Classics as well as a member of the editorial board of three other journals.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitlePrevention Practice Kit
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byArthur M. Horne,Emily M. Good,Maureen A. Pirog,Robert K. Conyne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.