All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionEuropean cities are changing rapidly in part due to the process of de-industrialization, European integration and ecomic globalization. Within those cities public spaces are the meeting place of politics and culture, social and individual territories, instrumental and expressive concerns. Public Space and the Challenges of Urban Transformation in Europe investigates how European city authorities understand and deal with their public spaces, how this interacts with market forces, social rms and cultural expectations, whether and how this relates to the needs and experiences of their citizens, exploring new strategies and invative practices for strengthening public spaces and urban culture. These questions are explored by looking at 13 case studies from across Europe, written by active scholars in the area of public space and organized in three parts: * strategies, plans and policies * multiple roles of public space * and everyday life in the city. This book is essential reading for students and scholars interested in the design and development of public space. The European case studies provide interesting examples and comparisons of how cities deal with their public space and issues of space and society.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 59 black & white halftones
- Weight521 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAglaee Degros,Ali Madanipour,Sabine Knierbein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.