All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides concise information, classroom exercises, homework assignments, and speeches to enable college students to master public speaking. There is an emphasis on creating effective thesis sentences, motivational appeals, introductions and conclusions, outlines, and supporting information. The text includes sample speeches for each speaking assignment along with pertinent speech evaluation forms. Chapter topics include speech anxiety, delivery, subject selection and audience analysis, thesis sentences, motivational appeals, organizing and outlining, introduction and conclusion methods, supporting information, presentational aids, effective listening, Standard American English sounds, and creating various informative, persuasive, and special occasion speeches. A sample course syllabus is provided, as well as a test study guide. In this revised edition, some of the chapter exercises have been revamped, some sample speech outlines updated, some of the explanations clarified, and a new special occasion speech has been included.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Griffin, EdD, is associate professor of communications at the University of Guam where he has instructed communication courses since 1988. He has taught college-level public speaking for twenty-five years, including at several colleges in the San Francisco area. He has judged high school speaking contests for over twenty years. He is a member of the International Society for General Semantics.
- Author(s)Michael A. Griffin
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication03/04/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Note22 tables
- Weight267 g
- Width153 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.