All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents comparative analyses and accounts of the institutional changes that have occurred to the local level delivery of public utilities and personal social services in countries across Europe. Guided by a common conceptual frame and written by leading country experts, the book pursues a developmental approach to consider how the public/municipal sector-centred institutionalization of service delivery (climaxing in the 1970s) developed through its New Public Management-inspired and European Union market liberalization-driven restructuring of the 1980s and early 1990s. The book also discusses the most recent phase since the late 1990s, which has been marked by further marketization and privatization of service delivery on the one hand, and some return to public sector provision ( remunicipalization ) on the other. By comprising some 20 European countries, including Central East European transformation countries as well as the sovereign debt -stricken countries of Southern Europe, the chapters of this volume cover a much broader cross section of countries than other recent publications on the same subject.
- Author BiographyHellmut Wollmann is Emeritus Professor of Public Policy and Public Administration at Humboldt University Berlin, Germany. His recent publications include Evaluation in Public Sector Reform (2003), Provision of Public Services in Europe (edited with G. Marcou, 2010), and Introduction into Comparative Public Administration (with S. Kuhlmann, 2014). Ivan Kopric is Professor of Administrative Science and Local Governance at the Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb, Croatia, and President of the Institute of Public Administration in Zagreb. Gerard Marcou is Professor of Public Law at the University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, Institut de Recherche Juridique de la Sorbonne, France, and Director of GRALE (Groupement de Recherche sur l'Administration Locale en Europe).
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/08/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleGovernance and Public Management
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight596 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byGerard Marcou,Hellmut Wollmann,Ivan Kopric
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.