All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- Description*How do I go about writing a journal article? *How do I maximise my chances of getting it published in a top journal? *How do I kw what journal to select? *How do I best adapt my research work in order to get published? In this accessible, informative and entertaining book, Becker and Denicolo introduce the best practical strategies available to help you maximise your chances of success in getting your work published in the journal of your choice. This book offers down-to-Earth advice on such vital topics as: *How to write and get the style right *What to select for publication *How to plan for success *How to cope with writer's block *Working with editors and reviewers *How to cope with rejection This is a must-have book for anyone seeking to write for successful journal publication. The Success in Research series, from Cindy Becker and Pam Denicolo, provides short, authoritative and accessible guides on key areas of professional and research development. Avoiding jargon and cutting to the chase of what you really need to kw, these practical and supportive books cover a range of areas from presenting research to achieving impact, and from publishing journal articles to developing proposals. They are essential reading for any student or researcher interested in developing their skills and broadening their professional and methodological kwledge in an academic context.
- Author BiographyDr Lucinda Becker, an award winning Senior Lecturer and Teaching Fellow at the University of Reading, has spent her career committed to enhancing the skills of undergraduates and research postgraduates. She has written numerous successful study skills guides for students. As a professional trainer she also works throughout the United Kingdom and Europe, devising and delivering training in communication and management techniques, principally to lawyers, engineers and scientists: real exemplars of generic, transferable skills with impact. Professor (Emeritus) Pam Denicolo, a chartered psychologist, has just retired from her fulltime role at the University of Reading where she developed the Graduate School system and the post-registration professional practice and research element of the School of Pharmacy. Her passion for supporting and developing graduate students is demonstrated through her contributions as Vice Chair to the UK Council for Graduate Education Executive Committee, as chair of the Society for Research into Higher Education Postgraduate Network and Executive Editor of the Guides for Supervisors Series. She was a key contributor to Vitae's development of the Researcher Development Framework (RDF) and the QAA's Doctoral Characteristics Advisory Group, and is currently contributing to the revision of the Code of Practice. She is currently advocate for Graduate Studies at the University of Surrey.
- Author(s)Lucinda Becker,Pam Denicolo
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSuccess in Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.