All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhile mandolins are favored by country, folk and bluegrass musicians, we, Puerto Ricans favor it as well. We love the mandolin for its unique tone and scale and find it apt for the vibrancy of Puerto Rican music. Learn to play Puerto Rican music on the mandolin from the very beginning. This book takes you through in very easy steps. Written in a step-by-step instructional format, author Samuel Ramos teaches you the basics right from theory, parts of a mandolin and posture while playing a mandolin. These basics will ensure your foundation is sound and ready to be built on! Further on, he teaches you about an array of topics that include chords and arpeggios, dynamics and tempo and, major and mir scales. Written in English and Spanish, the book offers you the convenience to learn in a language comfortable for you. Features: A thorough guide that starts at the very beginning Written in English and Spanish Step-by-step instructions A beautiful testament to Puerto Rican music and its heritage Enjoy the process of learning to play the mandolin with Puerto Rican music. The experience, in itself is a fulfilling one and you wouldn't want to stop after you're hooked to the mandolin and our gorgeous, heart-thumping Puerto Rican music!
- Author BiographySamuel Ramos, born in Lajas, Puerto Rico, started playing the guitar with his father at the age of 12. At the age of 15, he discovered the cuatro and began taking lessons with Norton Torres. As a high school student, he joined the school's rondalla (an instrumental group) playing both guitar and cuatro. Samuel holds a BA in music education from Antillean Adventist University in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, with a major in classical guitar. He studied under the tutelage of Dr. Jacques Landre. In 1999, he recorded his first instrumental CD for solo guitar, Meditando en la Cruz (Meditating on the Cross), He joined the faculty of the Juan Morel Campos Performing Arts School in Ponce, as a strings instructor. He later became an assistant professor of guitar at the Inter-American University of San German, Puerto Rico. He also served as a public school music teacher for 6 years in Lajas, Puerto Rico Samuel resides in Winter Haven, Florida with his wife Brenda and two sons, and currently teaches elementary music for the Polk County School of Florida.
- Author(s)Samuel Ramos
- Date of Publication02/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.