CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAgainst a historical backdrop whose origins go back to the US's acquisition of Puerto Rico in the Spanish-American War, the author examines in close detail the evolution of the statehood movement in that territory...This volume will interest mostly professional scholars, graduate students, and general readers attuned to the Puerto Rican statehood issue and to such matters as ethnicity and constitutional development in societies still governed from a distant metropole- in this case, from Washington DC. The book is generally well written and readable. It contains a useful bibliography on the Puerto Rican statehood movement and a servicable index. Choice Melendez presents the first comprehensive treatment of the statehood movement in Puerto Rico from the nineteenth century to the present day. Broad in scope, the discussion encompasses every major aspect of annexationism--programs, ideology, politics, changing support for statehood within the United States, and the influential role of the New Progressive Party--and offers a groundbreaking comparative analysis of statehood activities, parties, and conceptions throughout the history of the movement. Throughout, Melendez places particular emphasis on major changes and transformations in the movement, enabling the student of Puerto Rican politics to construct a more comprehensive picture of the evolution of Puerto Rican annexationism than has yet been available.
- Author BiographyEDGARDO MELENDEZ is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus.
- Author(s)Edgardo Melendez
- Date of Publication26/09/1988
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 220
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.