All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- Description<b><i> Puff has appeared to me both childlike and wise, a king but also a willing follower of just about any bright spirit that inspired him. Puff gives his whole heart and soul to one special friend One day, as you can see at the end of this book, a new and special friend comes to Honalee In this way Puff and Jackie s friendship continues through new children like you. Peter Yarrow </i></b></p><i>Puff, the Magic Dragon</i> is simply one of the most beloved songs of all time a classic that s become as much a part of the childhood experience as Mother Goose and fairy tales. Yet singer/songwriter Peter Yarrow and co-composer Lenny Lipton have never allowed a picture book adaptation of this magical tale until w. With Yarrow s and Lipton s blessing, Puff, Jackie Paper, and the land of Honalee finally live on the page. The exquisite package includes a cloth case with a tipped-in illustration and an embossed jacket with foil touches, as well as an exclusive CD featuring t only <i>Puff</i>, but several other songs performed by Yarrow, his daughter Bethany, and cellist Rufus Cappadocia. This is a publishing event sure to attract broad attention and please Puff s many fans. In richly-hued paintings of the deepest sea blues and greens, Puff and his friend Jackie Paper frolic in the land of Honalee traveling in a fantastic boat with billowed sails, climbing red castle stairs onto a balcony to meet with ble kings and princes, and watching pirate ships lower their flags for the roaring dragon. Artist Eric Puybaret has brought an entire magical world into being with enthralling landscapes, color, and characters. And everyone will love the way the art cleverly turns the song s end, which at first seemed so sad, into a surprising and joyful moment. Best of all this is only the first of many more collaborations with Peter Yarrow to come!
- Author BiographyIn 1959, Peter Yarrow and Lenny Lipton co-created the timeless and beloved song Puff, the Magic Dragon. Peter Yarrow s career has spanned more than four decades. As a member of the renowned trio, Peter, Paul, & Mary, he has earned many gold and platinum awards and numerous Grammys, as well as an Emmy nomination for his animated TV specials based on <i></i>Puff, the Magic Dragon<i>. </i> Among the many honors bestowed upon him, Yarrow is most proud of the Allard K. Lowenstein Award, which he received in 1982 for advancing the causes of human rights, peace, and freedom. Today, he frequently uses his musical and other artistic gifts to convey a message of humanity and caring. In an effort to combat school violence, Yarrow started Operation Respect in 2000, a program that teaches tolerance and respect to children in schools and camps. Lenny Lipton is the inventor of the modern 3D projection system used in cinemas worldwide. He is the author of four books on motion picture technology and received an award from the Smithsonian for his invention. Eric Puybaret was born in France, and graduated from the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs in Paris. <i>Puff, the Magic Dragon</i> was his first American book, and he also illustrated Sterling's <i>The Nutcracker, </i> written by John Cech.
- Author(s)Lenny Lipton,Peter Yarrow
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width272 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eric Puybaret
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.