Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionRedefining the way we view business success, Pamela Laird demolishes the popular American self-made story as she exposes the social dynamics that navigate some people toward opportunity and steer others away. Who gets invited into the networks of business opportunity? What does an unacceptable candidate lack? The answer is social capital - all those social assets that attract respect, generate confidence, evoke affection, and invite loyalty.
- Author BiographyPamela Walker Laird is Associate Professor of History at the University of Colorado, Denver.
- Author(s)Pamela Walker Laird
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleHarvard Studies in Business History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 48
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note16 halftones
- Weight528 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.