All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tribute to Jane C. Goodale, Pulling the Right Threads discusses the vibrant ethgrapher and teacher\u2019s principles for mentoring, collaborating, and performing fieldwork. Kwn for her ethgraphic research in the Pacific, development of the Association of Social Anthropology in Oceania, and influence in the anthropology department at Bryn Mawr College, Goodale and other contributors renew the debate in anthropology over the authenticity of field data and representations of other cultures. Together, they take aim at those who claim ethgraphy is outmoded or false.
- Author BiographyLaura Zimmer-Tamakoshi is a research associate in anthropology and co-founder of the Owl Network at Bryn Mawr College. Jeanette Dickerson-Putman is an associate professor of the department of anthropology at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note8 photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJeanette Dickerson-Putman,Laura Zimmer-Tamakoshi
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.