All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last pulses are ditching their 70s hippie label and are back in vogue. Pulses are incredibly ecomical and healthy and, increasingly, people are looking for new sources of protein as meat eating goes on the wane (for both environmental and ecomical reasons). The time is ripe for a truly modern look at preparing these under-exploited ingredients. Including an illustrated guide to pulses, this exhaustive volume will also cover all you need to kw to buy, prepare and cook pulses, and how to store them. 180 recipes are divided into dips and purees, fritters, croquettes and patties, soups, salads, formal starters, sides, vegetarian mains, and 'the full monty' (hearty mains, including meat). Jenny Chandler has collected a mouthwatering range of recipes that are truly international in flavour and will provide plenty of tips for everyday catering. With modern, crisp photography and an elegant design this is a book to update every foodie's bookshelf and will be a go-to book for years to come.
- Author BiographyJenny Chandler studied Spanish and Catalan at Bristol and Barcelona Universities. After training at Leith's School of Food and Wine she worked as a chef on a luxury yacht based in the Mediterranean and in Barcelona. Jenny currently runs the Plum Cooking school in Bristol and teaches regularly in London and Bath. She has made television appearances for BBC, HTV and Carlton Food Network. She is a highly respected Spanish food consultant for restaurants in London, Barcelona and Madrid. She is the author of The Food of Northern Spain, The Real Taste of Spain and Pulse (all published by Pavilion).
- Author(s)Jenny Chandler
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content NoteApprox 130 colour photos
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $38.94Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $44.71
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.42
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.29
- AU $8.97Trending at AU $12.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.