Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.94+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraining is the first concern of every new puppy owner, and this Smart Owner's Guide Puppy Training offers 176 pages of concise guidance to get every owner and puppy on the right track. As Dog Fancy Editor-at-Large states in the introduction: Once your puppy is well trained, he'll be a joy to live with. He will be welcomed in your community and will make you proud whether you're traveling with him, entertaining guests at home or just hanging out with the family. Toward that goal, Puppy Training begins with Part 1: House-Training, written by long-time Dog Fancy contributor Bardi McLennan. This section discusses everything the owner needs to kw to start off with the puppy in the home, getting him acclimated to the new environment, and teaching him the basic principles of house-training. A detailed chapter titled The Doggie Den discusses how to crate-train a puppy and the best ways to use (and t use) a dog crate. The second part of the book, written by award-winning dog trainer and author Miriam Fields-Babineau, is dedicated to Obedience Training. In this section of the book, the author discusses canine communication, good manners, and socialization. The basic cues are explained, beginning with walking on a loose leash, and progressing to sit, down, stay, come, and stand. Each lesson is broken down into steps and illustrated by photography to assist the owner. A chapter on advanced training coaches the owner on how to work with his or her dog off leash, adding distance and distractions, and more. Critical to the success of every puppy owner is solving potential behavioral issues, and the book offers solutions to various problems, including jumping up, garbage picking, excessive barking, stealing food and other items, counter surfing, cat chasing, door darting, mouthing and chewing. Special training tips are highlighted in the K9 Advice sidebars. Entertaining tidbits and smart advice fill up other colorful sidebars in every chapter, which the editors call It's a Fact, Smart Tip, Notable & Quotable, and Did You Kw? The Smart Owner's Guide series is the only series that offers readers an online component in which dog owners can join a online club hosted by dogchannel.com. At Club Pup, owners can find forums, blogs, and profiles to connect with other new puppy owners, as well as charts and checklists that can be downloaded. More than just 20,000 pages of solid information, there's a host of fun to be had at Club Pup in the form of downloadable e-cards, screensavers, games and quizzes. The Resources section of the book includes contact information for training organizations and clubs as well as books and websites that new owners will find of interest. This information-packed Smart Owner's Guide is fully indexed.
- Author BiographyPuppy Training authors: Mirriam Fields-Babineau has been training rats and other animals professionally since 1978, and she owns and operates Training Unlimited Animal Training & Animal Actors, Inc., in Amherst Virginia. She provides animals for television, film, and advertising, and has authored several books. Bardi McLennan has been Associated with the dog world for the past six decades. She has written breed books as well as books on puppy care and training, doggie etiquette and much more. Her articles have been published by every major dog magazine in the U.S., and she was a contributing editor for Dog Fancy for 25 years.
- Author(s)Bardi McLennan,Miriam Fields-Babineau
- PublisherKennel Club Books Inc
- Date of Publication28/09/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleSmart Owner's Guide
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKennel Club Books Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.