Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionNo mere child's poet, Kobayashi Issa (1763-1828) is an aware and committed artist who celebrates, in a lifetime of haiku, the Other Power of Amida Buddha: a power that transforms the individual and universe or, more exactly, the individual/universe in their inseparableness. This is the first book-length English-language treatment of this remarkable Japanese poet in relation to his joyful, priestly mission.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Lanoue is a professor of English at Xavier University of Louisiana. He is a cofounder of the New Orleans Haiku Society, an associate member of the Haiku Foundation, and former president of the Haiku Society of America. His books include translations, criticism, and a series of haiku novels. Some of his books have appeared in French, German, Spanish, Bulgarian, Serbian, and Japanese editions. He maintains The Haiku of Kobayashi Issa website, for which he translated 10,000 of Issa's haiku.
- Author(s)David G Lanoue
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.