All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRose Bretecher has OCD, but t as you kw it. Pure is the true story of her life with intrusive sexual thoughts - a rampant but little-kwn symptom of the disorder. It tracks her farcical ten-year path to redemption, from the time she was first seized by graphic mental images to her eventual recovery through therapy, acceptance and love. The book describes her obsessive questioning of her identity and her compulsive search for an answer: driving across the world in a double-decker bus; debating the respective erotic allure of Cherie and Tony Blair; watching Jake Gyllenhaal's face turn into a chubby vagina... Eventually, after stepping back from the iron railings of a sw-swept balcony in east London, she finds joy in the inescapable truth that when it comes to who we are, there are neat conclusions. At its core, Pure is about uncertainty and insecurity, and how trying to banish these things in the pursuit of happiness will paradoxically make us unhappy. It's about finding beauty in greyness, and embracing the unfathomable weirdness of the human mind.
- Author BiographyRose is 29 years old and lives in London. Since graduating in English Literature, she's been working as a freelance writer, creating feature articles, short film scripts, short stories and ad copy. Rose's work has been published by the Guardian, the Independent, Vice and Somesuch Stories. Pure is her first book.
- Author(s)Rose Bretecher
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight205 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.