All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book that explains the Tea Party's successful primary campaign against Republicans in Name Only (RINOs). Grassroots Tea Party activists adopted this strategy in 2009 shortly after the movement emerged. The first successful campaign occurred in upstate New York where the Tea Party defeated Dede Scozzafava, a RINO running for congress in a Republican primary that only elected Republicans to office during the previous 100 years. Armed with success, they defeated conservative Utah Senator Bob Bennett an eighteen-year veteran and then proceeded to defeat the popular Republican (RINO) goverr of Florida Charlie Crist and elected the virtually unkwn Tea Party candidate, Marco Rubio. This placed all Republicans on tice that if they do t follow conservative fiscal policies, they could be primaried. The Tea Party's goal is to take control of the Republican Party and return it to its original, fiscal conservatism.
- Author BiographyRonald T. Libby is professor of political science and public administration at University of North Florida. He is the author of The Criminalization of Medicine: America's War on Doctors and Eco-Wars: Political Campaigns and Social Movements.
- Author(s)Ronald T. Libby
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white halftones, 1 maps, 1 tables
- Weight376 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.