Consider these sponsored items
- AU $24.95
- AU $23.80Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2010 David Unaipon Award for Indigeus Writing It fell from the sky and rose from the ground. Water from the hills met swollen river flats and turned wheat plains to swamplands. Big floods washed away the farmers' profits and losses in one giant tongue of brown water Growing up in the shifting landscape of Gundagai with her Nan and Aunties, Sunny spends her days playing on the hills near their farmhouse and her nights dozing by the fire, listening to the big women yarn about life over endless cups of tea. It is a life of freedom, protection, and love. But as Sunny grows she must face the challenge of being seen as different, and of having a mother whose visits are as unpredictable as the rain. Based of Jeanine Leane's own childhood, these funny, endearing, and thought-provoking stories offer a snapshot of a unique Australian upbringing.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesWinner of David Unaipon Award 2010.
- Author(s)Jeanine Leane
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight165 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.