Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionCo-winner of the prestigious Poets' Prize for his collection To the Bone , Sydney Lea is kwn for his mastery of the narrative style and his clear and unwavering vision of the natural world and humanity's place in it. His latest work, Pursuit of a Wound , is marked by this acuity and by his uncanny ear for language as well as his willingness to speak for the unlucky and the dispossessed. Delving in equal measure into the flinty rthern New England landscape and the exiled souls of ordinary people, Pursuit of a Wound moves beyond Lea's previous work to explore new poetic strategies, including some that approach prose poetry. Combining a free-ranging sensibility akin to Whitman's with a keen attention to verse's formal possibilities, this collection of twenty-eight new poems evokes a beautiful and threatened place and ratifies Lea's status as heir-apparent to Robert Frost.
- Author(s)Sydney Lea
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication20/04/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleIllinois Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.