Push Stitchery: 30 Artists Explore the Boundaries of Stitched Art by Jamie Chalmers (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnuncing PUSH , a new series devoted to indie-crafters and artists pushing the boundaries of traditional crafting mediums! Curated by Jamie Chalmers, aka Mr. X Stitch, a leading figure in the new embroidery movement , PUSH Stitchery profiles the cutting-edge creative work of 30 top stitching artists from around the world. Each designer is showcased with six to eight pages of gallery-style imagery. A fascinating question-and-answer section, along with biographies, make this invative and inspirational book a must-have for anyone interested in blurring the lines between craft and art.
- Author BiographyJamie Chalmers is an active leader in the online stitch community and what he has dubbed the new embroidery movement. His blog, Mr. X Stitch (http://mrxstitch.com), presents a steady stream of contemporary indie stitch artists pushing the limits in their mediums. From tattoo-inspired stumpwork (3D embroidery) to pinup cross-stitch to embroidered metal, Mr. X Stitch and his team profile, interview and feature the very best stitchers in both the craft and art realms.
- Author(s)Jamie Chalmers
- PublisherLark Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAsheville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLark Books,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight658 g
- Width229 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.