All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe two-time World MotoGP champion's own explosive story Showing anything is possible when determination meets talent, two-time World MotoGP champion Casey Stoner shares his incredible journey from Queensland toddler with an extraordinary ability on a motorbike, to his decision to retire at twenty-seven with thing left to prove. For the first time, he tells of his early family life, the development of his riding skills and why his parents decided to sell everything and travel from Australia to Europe to chase the dream and support his aim to become World Champion when he was only fourteen years old. As fearless with his opinions as he is on the racetrack, Casey includes all the highs and lows of his life so far: the real reason he left for Europe so young, his thoughts on racing as it stands today, the riders' hierarchy, the politics of racing, the importance of family, his battle with illness and why he decided to turn his back on a multimillion-dollar contract when he was still winning. And he will let us in on some of the new goals he has set for himself. PUSHING THE LIMITS is a unique and remarkable account of self-sacrifice and tenacity to succeed against the odds, the uplifting story of a young Australian who took on the world on his terms, his way ...and won.
- Author BiographyCasey Stoner is a retired Australian professional motorcycle racer and a two-time MotoGP World Champion, in 2007 and 2011. Prior to the 2012 French Grand Prix, Stoner announced that he would retire from Grand Prix racing at the conclusion of the 2012 season. In January 2013, Stoner announced that he would move to touring car racing, in the second tier Dunlop V8 Supercar Series for the 2013 season, driving a Triple Eight Race Engineering prepared Holden VE Commodore. He made his V8 debut in February 2013. http://www.caseystoner.com.au https://twitter.com/Official_CS27 Matt Roberts is a sports journalist and television presenter with thirteen years of experience in the MotoGP paddock. Host of the BBC's live coverage of the series, he has also co-hosted the Super Bowl live coverage and reported for the BBC's football programmes, as well as presenting coverage of the famous Isle of Man TT for ITV. He has written on Spanish football for THE TIMES and provides regular blogs and features for the BBC website. Matt translated the biography of double MotoGP World Champion Jorge Lorenzo (MY STORY SO FAR) from Spanish to English and worked with Lorenzo on his second book, THE NEW KING OF MOTOGP. Matt has worked closely with Casey and his family to help bring this fascinating story to the page.
- Author(s)Casey Stoner
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date15/11/2016
- Weight588 g
- Width162 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.