All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe average American adult w consumes 11.7 hours of media each day -- almost half a year for every year of our adult lives. We are irrefutably addicted to the media on a massive scale that simply dwarfs any and every other activity in our lives. We live in what digital media pioneer Jeff Einstein calls the Great Age of Mediation, an extreme time by definition, a time when obsessive-compulsive behavior and addiction are the rules, t the exceptions. Put God First explains how our national addiction to all things media threatens and erodes the quality of our lives and communities. How we navigate the confluence of media, addiction, and God in the Great Age of Mediation is the single most defining and compelling issue of our time. In Put God First we learn how to recapture our time and reintroduce God into our lives as a voice of reason and moderation in the Great Age of Mediation. Forged in common sense and tempered by compassion, Put God First correctly identifies addiction as a spiritual problem first and foremost, and offers an abysmally simple and n-sectarian step-by-step guide to reclaiming the quality of our lives and communities in the Great Age of Mediation. Digital media expert and entrepreneur Jaffer Ali says, This is an important book...it shows us how a return to faith translates into a return to reason.
- Author BiographyYou've watched author and digital media pioneer Jeff Einstein on The Today Show with Katie Couric, and on CNN's 360 with Anderson Cooper. You've seen him seated across from Lou Dobbs and you've seen him on the front cover of The New York Times Sunday Magazine -- which referred to him as no less than .. .the Mick Jagger of digital media. Jeff Einstein's intimate relationship with all things media and all things digital dates all the way back to 1984, when he authored Einstein's Beginner's Guides, the first major how-to book series on personal computers and co-founded Einstein and Sandom Interactive, the nation's first digital advertising agency, acquired ten years later by DMB&B. Mr. Einstein currently lives in NYC, where he sells real estate and attends a congregational church. His daughter lives up to her surname and his many efforts to play cool don't fool her for a NY minute.
- Author(s)Jeff Einstein
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.