All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1980s, music defined the moment: Video Killed The Radio Star ushered in MTV, Dont You (Forget About Me) ruled The Breakfast Club, and I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For became the anthem of a generation. The 1980s were also the most visually provocative era of the last millennium. Every new vinyl single hit the stands wrapped in eye-catching sleeves that reflected the latest trends. Put The Needle On The Record is pop culture historian Matthew Chojnackis definitive guide to 7- and 12-inch vinyl single artwork from the 80s. He presents and compares more than 250 vinyl single covers representing nearly every prominent musician of the decade. Read previously untold stories behind the 80s most iconic images from the designers and visual talent behind Madonna, Prince, Pink Floyd, Queen, Adam Ant, Iron Maiden, The Clash, Pet Shop Boys, Van Halen, and more. Coupled with exclusive commentary from more than 100 of the 80s biggest musicians, including Annie Lenx, Duran Duran, Run-DMC, Devo, The B-52s, Erasure, The Human League, Scorpions, The Knack, and Yoko O, this is an authoritative journey back to the songs and images that continue to influence our culture.
- Author BiographyMatthew Chojnacki is an award-winning freelance writer and film/music historian living in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Author(s)Matthew Chojnacki
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note250+ b/w & color images
- Weight1130 g
- Width232 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.