All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThough in recent months Putin's popularity has frayed at the edges, the dearth of comparably powerful and experienced political leaders leaves no doubt that he will continue to be a key political figure. During his tenure as Russia's President and subsequently as Prime Minister, Putin transcended politics, to become the country's major cultural icon. This book examines the nature of his iconic status. It explores his public persona as glamorous hero, endowed with vision, wisdom, moral and physical strength-the man uniquely capable of restoring Russia's reputation as a global power. In analysing cultural representations of Putin, the book assesses the role of the media in constructing and disseminating this image and weighs the Russian populace's contribution to the extraordinary acclamation he enjoyed throughout the first decade of the new millennium, challenged only by a tiny minority.
- Author BiographyHelena Goscilo is Professor and Chair of the Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleBASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHelena Goscilo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.