Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionPutting Mankind First is a humorous vel, which sees an impending alien invasion being fought by a management committee. When an alien fleet is detected approaching the Earth, the world's governments must decide what to do about it. In the UK, the Prime Minister convenes a meeting of COBRA, which writes a report titled 'Putting Mankind First'. As the fleet enters our solar system, the country's greatest brains discuss the Earth's response. What should be done? Who should do it? And what colour paper should the report be on? Meanwhile, the aliens have their own agenda and intentions which - if mankind only knew them - would cause even greater panic on Earth. As the alien fleet gets ever closer, it becomes clear that the danger is so great that even COBRA's neatly-typed paperwork may t be eugh to save the Earth...A tall, dark stranger, a plucky young heroine, an adorable basset hound, a peculiar cat and a myriad of historical and alien characters come together in this biting satire on modern management practices that starts in the Home Counties, but spans thousands of centuries and millions of miles.
- Author BiographyIrwin Monk has had a wide-ranging career, working in both the private and public sectors and for a charity, before embarking upon his lifelong ambition to abandon the rat race and write fiction. He hopes never again to have to sit through a committee meeting or to take part in any performance management schemes.
- Author(s)Irwin Monk
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.