All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- Description'Had it t been for the fortuitous circumstances of Sam's youthful sentiment, there can be little doubt that, instead of this my Book before you on your Table, you would have a rasher of Bacon and a Rack of Ribs - and that these would be my only mortal remains.' So begin the beguiling memoirs of TOBY, whose meteoric rise to Fame from his humble beginnings on a Salford farm is a story so Extraordinary you won't ever be able to forget it. For these are ordinary Memoirs; these are the memoirs of a PIG. The most gifted, charming, distinguished (and luckiest) pig in History. After escaping the butcher's knife with the help of his steadfast companion Sam, Toby soon finds himself under the order of the volatile impresario Silas Bisset and his travelling menagerie of performing monkeys, horses, turkeys and canaries. Before too long, he is packing out theatres and concert halls, impressing the crowds with his ability to count, spell and even read the minds of ladies. But celebrity comes at a cost, as Toby soon finds out ...
- Author BiographyRussell Potter teaches literature, early media, and the history of Arctic exploration; his book Arctic Spectacles: The Frozen North in Visual Culture was published in 2007, and he was a presenter for the Channel 4 programme Search for the Northwest Passage. He lives in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Author(s)Russell Potter
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.