All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a complete and comprehensive reference/guide to Pyomo (Python Optimization Modeling Objects) for both beginning and advanced modelers, including students at the undergraduate and graduate levels, academic researchers, and practitioners. The text illustrates the breadth of the modeling and analysis capabilities that are supported by the software and support of complex real-world applications. Pyomo is an open source software package for formulating and solving large-scale optimization and operations research problems. The text begins with a tutorial on simple linear and integer programming models. A detailed reference of Pyomo's modeling components is illustrated with extensive examples, including a discussion of how to load data from data sources like spreadsheets and databases. Chapters describing advanced modeling capabilities for nlinear and stochastic optimization are also included. The Pyomo software provides familiar modeling features within Python, a powerful dynamic programming language that has a very clear, readable syntax and intuitive object orientation. Pyomo includes Python classes for defining sparse sets, parameters, and variables, which can be used to formulate algebraic expressions that define objectives and constraints. Moreover, Pyomo can be used from a command-line interface and within Python's interactive command environment, which makes it easy to create Pyomo models, apply a variety of optimizers, and examine solutions. The software supports a different modeling approach than commercial AML (Algebraic Modeling Languages) tools, and is designed for flexibility, extensibility, portability, and maintainability but also maintains the central ideas in modern AMLs.
- Author(s)Carl Laird,David L. Woodruff,Jean-Paul Watson,William E. Hart
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/04/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.