All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing extensively on Tchaikovsky's uncensored letters and diaries, this biography explores the composer's life in the artistic culture of nineteenth-century Russian society, revealing how he became a figure of international rewn. Yet his success came at a price, and Tchaikovsky found the social obligations that his fame entailed burdensome. Setting aside cliches of the composer as a tortured homosexual and naively confessional artist, this engaging biography paints a vivid picture of Tchaikovsky. It contains accessible introductions to his key compositions, as well as suggesting less familiar works for readers to explore, making it essential reading for all those who enjoy classical music.
- Author BiographyPhilip Ross Bullock is Professor of Russian Literature and Music at the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Philip Ross Bullock
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleCritical Lives
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.